Forum Post Rules
1. One common sense rule and a bunch of legal stuff (see forum) and pretty simple really: NO FOUL, ROTTEN, AWFUL, VULGAR, OR PROFANE POSTS! Only Travelete Pete The Rat would write such things! The healthy and active lifestyle is a positive and upbeat one. If you want to bash hotels, their fitness centers, or really anything else; then visit one of the other hotel review sites that allow such antics. Travelete.com wants to know what is great about a hotel and the fitness culture and environment in a city, and we think that nearly every hotel in every city has something great or "good enough" when it comes to a healthy and active lifestyle. Just look around and observe. On the negative stuff, as an example, feel free to mention the fitness equipment is outdated, not functional, or just average; pool is too small for laps; etc. Just leave the rotten trash talking about a location in the can. We'll readily remove any post that doesn't fit the Travelete culture at our discretion. Travelete.com and its affiliates provide no guarantee, warranty, etc of the information provided by the members of the forum. Use of the information is at your discretion.
What to Post
1. Is there a rave run or bike right out of the front door of the hotel?
2. Is your hotel the perfect walking distance to your destination race?
3. Does your hotel provide special treatment before your favorite race? E.g., free shuttle, free bottle water, free gels, massage, or other.
Tell us! Your fellow Traveletes want to know!
4. Is the hotel pool suited for laps? or not suited for laps?
5. Is there a cool retail fitness store in the area? Add it in!
6. Does the hotel have the perfect room for your fitness DVD series?
7. Did the hotel have leg numbing hills for hill sprints just out the front door?
8. Does the city have an awesome place to swim, bike, or run where all the locals hang? Tell us! We're tired of running in parking lots!
9. Does the hotel offer discounts with a local gym? Is the gym conveniently located to the hotel?
10. Does the hotel offer fitness advice and suggestions? E.g., running maps, maps of local parks and gyms, contacts with local fitness clubs, etc.
1. Hampton Inn and Suites Oompa Loompa, TX- Awesome fitness center! Precor treadmills and a spinning bike! Pool not suited for laps. Best thing is the run just out the front door.The parking lot is connected to a church which is well lit, 1/4 mile loop with a few nice inclines.
2. Marriott Oompa Loompa, NY- Stayed here for the NYC marathon, fitness center overlooks Times Square! Easy walk to the race start! Awesome!
3. Oompa Loompa, TX- Check out Big Bird Lake while visiting here...the lake has preset buoys for a 1/2 swim loop.
4. Oompa Loompa, GA - Visit John's Bike World, they have 25 preprinted cycling routes available at the front desk. Its on the east side at 1406 Ironman Blvd.
5. Marriott Courtyard Oompa Loompa, KY- I love to walk when I travel and there is a nice 1/2 mile loop. Also check out the Oompa Loompa Greenbelt, a fitness only path around the city! Great for bikes, running, walking.